Friday, January 12, 2007

Still fucking here

I assure you I have had no trouble finding new and wonderful ways in which IE sucks fucking balls. The time to encapsulate it coherently and write about it, however, has escaped me lately.

So today, you get a link to just how much IE makes it fucking painful to work with element attributes, as written by Tobie Langel (someone who, according to their about page, has no comment).

"I've had this article in mind for a while, as I have fiddling with Internet Explorer's crazy handling of attributes in order to patch Prototype's $$() utility.

"Well, fiddling wasn't cutting the deal, so I ended up doing some large scale testing (basically running thousands of test using a sample HTML 4.01 document from W3C) to try to figure out what was going on."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

(someone who, according to their about page, has no comment).

I should fix that, shouldn't I...

10:42 AM  
Blogger The Hater said...

I don't know if you need to - it amused the hell out of me.

I thought you did it purposefully.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well... there you go, I did.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meh...

IE and their iFags to the rescue...

we had nightmares over here when we tried to make our so web 2.0 front-end apps work 'ok-ish' on IE...

Firefox load&render time: 10s
Opera load&render time: 11s
IE6 load&render time: 68s (WTF?!?!)
IE7 load&render time: 45s (FOMSFM!)

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you need to - it amused the hell out of me.

I thought you did it purposefully.

6:53 AM  
Blogger The Hater said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll like this site here:
http://webbugtrack.blogspot.com/

It tracks bugs in all browsers but in particular IE.

The "attribute nightmare" is exposed in even more detail on this page:
http://webbugtrack.blogspot.com/2007/08/bug-242-setattribute-doesnt-always-work.html

where it shows that it is completely messed up.

Glad to hear I'm not the only losing my mind with IE.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home