Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Request to join the IE8 Technical Beta program

Work and life have taken over for a while, but I have not given up the fight.
Hello,

As a web developer with almost ten years of real-world development and usability experience, I would like to express my interest in joining the IE8 Technical Beta program. I have worked with IE since version 3, and would bring a valuable perspective of a developer working with the tool in their day to day tasks. I will have no problem detailing the exact issues that I come across, including as much information as I can pertaining to the issue, while remaining professional.

I invite you read what I write on my own blog while knowing that my profanity and vitriol will remain confined there. I have every motivation to help you make IE8 the best release we've ever seen, as it will only make my life (and the life of my clients) better.

Sincerely,

T.H.
You may notice a distinct lack of "fuck," "shit," and "you lying motherfuckers" in my request. In order to actualy have any hope of them taking my request seriously, I have to keep that shit here. Plus, the fucking SMTP server rejected my first goddamn email because I dared include a link to my own site, since it contains the word "sucks" (honestly...The Simpsons has worse language than that).

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger xyz said...

If you don't get a magic invite from them, email me and I can send you one of the magic codes to get in ;-)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Elldub said...

wow you are awfully angry.

7:52 PM  
Blogger The Hater said...

I'd like to give them enough time to accept me on their own, but I may take you up on that offer. Either way, I appreciate it! Someone needs to get in their and not just give them the answers they want to hear.

8:09 PM  
Blogger The Hater said...

elldub: I have every fucking reason, too.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@the hater - there's a backlog on responses at the moment, since there was a lot of replies asking for TechBeta invites. Send me an email and I'll send you a code. (That's generally true for anyone, BTW - send me an email, I'll send you a code.) cwilso@microsoft.com.

-Chris Wilson

6:03 PM  
Blogger The Hater said...

cwilso: Email sent. Thanks!

xyz: I guess I don't need it!

1:47 AM  
Blogger xyz said...

Hehe, guess not.

If Chris Wilson can't get you a code, no one can!

Looking forward to your bug reports/confirmations.

Cheers.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you can get M$ to shape up. Our site totally breaks in ie8 beta 1.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I tried IE 8 just tonight actually and it runs like crap to me,every time I open it up on certain web pages it just collapses, I was searching the web by googling IE 8 sucks and found your site.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had ie6 then M$ forced 7 on me, I spent a day going back to 6 and it had so many problems I had to go back to 7. That's when I tried Firefox. I just opened an access database and it said I had to upgrade mt IE. (Can I swear here)
I love firefox and chrome. IE is a lost cause as is Windows Vista.

I have made the move to Linux at home and it has been a joy; but like windows, I can not get IE to run. but that's okay.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suddeenly started having problems with ie7, installed ie8 and things got worse. Main problem was dual pages opened and trying to run from one click. Checked out other browsers and am now trying firefox 3...it is great.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home