Friday, December 09, 2005

Just to get this out in the open right now

I hate IE.

You probably guessed that much already, but stay with me as I intend to expand a little on this. Or add an aside. Whatever.

While I hate IE and it makes me scream in frustration several times every day, I have a lot of respect for the current IE developers. Hence the link I've posted to the IEBlog. I want people to go there and see how much they've opened up the process. They've started working with the Web Standards Project to try to dig IE out of the fucking shit-hole it got stuck in after the first of the great browser wars.

Seriously, I do have respect for the IE team. They post some dumb shit from time to time, but despite the constant (and I mean constant) flaming, they've kept posting whatever they've worked on to go into IE7. From poor Sam who implemented alpha png support to letting designers know exactly what to expect in the next generation of css 2.1 support (yes, they'll have some!), they've worked hard to keep an open dialog with anyone who cares to listen.

So before I post again about what a monstrous pile of shit Microsoft ships for its browser, just keep that in mind.

Posted for readers (once I have some) and the IE team alike (if they ever find this).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home