Saturday, August 23, 2008

In the IE8 Technical Beta program via a backdoor

"Backdoor," a.k.a. Chris Wilson, who offered in a comment on my post about the program:
@the hater - there's a backlog on responses at the moment, since there was a lot of replies asking for TechBeta invites. Send me an email and I'll send you a code. (That's generally true for anyone, BTW - send me an email, I'll send you a code.) cwilso@microsoft.com.

-Chris Wilson
He posted his email, fucking inviting everyone to join the beta, regardless of whether their screening process "accepts" you or not. I took him up on the offer, and the code arrived in short order. Anyone who reads what I write should join me, I don't give a shit whether you agree with what I write. I don't fucking care if you think IE gives its users the best browsing experience out there (okay, I do care, and you need a fucking wake up call), the IE team has put out a call for two-way communication on their new code, which sure as fuck beats the "communication" on the IE Blog. They post random shit and everyone fights in the comments like starved dogs over discarded scraps of meat.

From what the original IEBlog post says about the program, you'll get access to bash the shit out of IE8 Beta 2 no matter what. You just can't tell them what fucking sucks unless you get into their IE8 Technical Beta program. And bitching to the world, while satisfying (I should know), doesn't count as a fucking bug report. Just don't stop trumpeting what shit they break (or haven't fixed), as I sure as fuck won't.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really do love reading you! it encourage me to not stop the fight :)

So thx for all your great comment/work :)

1:00 AM  
Blogger The Hater said...

I do what I can, Aleajecta. I just need to get back into the fucking swing of things and then maybe I can even keep this up a little more regularly again.

2:10 AM  
Blogger GoCloud said...

sign the petition for say: Stop Internet Explorer!

sign: http://www.firmiamo.it/sign/petition/stopinternetexplorer

petition: http://www.firmiamo.it/stopinternetexplorer

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home