Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Call for contributors

So I've come very, very slowly to the conclusion spotted already by many out there: I just don't fucking update this often enough. IE sucks hard in more ways than I can keep up with on my own, especially now that we have IE8 making its way out to the real world of standards, and the IE team takes its sweet fucking time sweeping IE6 out of our goddamn way once and for all. Seriously, IE7 doesn't amount to much more than IE6 with a roll of duct tape and tabs, but IE6? That broken piece of shit fell into our laps over seven motherfucking, agonizing years ago. Put that shit in a sack and toss it the fuck out while going 80 miles an hour on I-40 through a nice, long stretch of desert where we'll never have to see it again.

But I digress.

If you want to contribute, send it to whyiesucks@gmail.com and I'll post it with as much or as little attribution as you want, using your real name or a pseudonym so some smart-ass fucking interviewer or manager doesn't wave a printed up copy of it under your nose with a raised eyebrow (or pink slip, depending). If things go well, I'll invite some people through this thing in order to grant write permission directly to the blog itself.

I know some of you out there, especially the evangelists, have venting you need to get out of your system and I want to give you the chance to do so, loudly, and without fear of it coming back to haunt you.

I know some of you out there, especially the designers and developers, want people to know what you think about IE's complete and utter lack of support for 90% of what you want or need to do.

Let's hear it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Hater said...

Matt: you'll always have a place here.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! How about you design a nice pretty page for 3 days only to find ut that half of its prettiness dont work in IE? And no I refuse to redesign the site for stupid Internet Explorer browser. Is there a way to refuse people from seeing my site of they are using IE? I might just do that.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst:
When the retards come to me saying- (and this is an actual quote from an actual email from an actual ex bengals cheerleader)

"effing FF browser! It's a love/hate relationship we have.
tried inserting a youtube clip this morning in my blog....and it broke the sidebar again.
aaahhhhhhh!!
This is only on FF. IE and Opera displays it perfectly. Makes me absolutely mental! argh!
One day, that blog is going to look very pretty, even in FF. One day, I tell ya."

Yes, one day when you quit looking at it in IE, your blog will in fact be perfect.

What was wrong? She had two video plugins on her wordpress blog, one was conflicting with the other because when she inserted a video there were TWO div tags, one pushing the side bar over. IE was ignoring the code and rendering it anyhow.

That's refreshing.

I still love you hater - we should go on a date.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and btw - I'll write you something and send it over soon... but today I'm too happy that I don't have to go to work for FOUR days... that's four days without having to stick a pen in my eye because I can't figure out an IE hack.

6:53 AM  
Blogger The Hater said...

TeresaLea: Wait, what? An ex-Bengals cheerleader bitched about Firefox not correcting her fuck up involving two video plugins for Wordpress? I didn't even know Wordpress needed or had fucking video plugins.

Moving on...

I'll look forward to seeing what you write up, and to our date.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank the great browser gods I have arrived in Nirvana. I have been writing and rewriting and every one of the browsers, except one, reads and displays what I designed. Guess which one. Out of 4 browsers, the almighty, do I hear a Amen, for the self appointed god of the internet. The Great, the one and only, IE.
Yes, that's right, that one and only, the largest, the biggest, Cock Sucking, Mother Fucking piece of hardened Shit, that mortal man has ever devised, and brought us to the lowest depths of hell.
Now go my children, and spread the word, the gospel of standards, I say standards, of the mighty browsers that support those standards, and throw back, the demon, yes, I say the demon, IE back to the fiery Hell where it was begot.....

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home