Sunday, December 28, 2008

New favorite 'net radio station

Red Mercury, and not just because for their 192kbps of chewy goth/industrial goodness, but because of this footer on their site:
"This site has been designed to work best with Firefox, Safari and Opera. You need a web browser that supports transparency in iframes, and PNG. You also need Java and Java script enabled. We are not responsible for how fucked up it looks in other piece-of-shit browsers. To comply to our standards, download FireFox NOW."
Now, they may not have the most advanced site in the world (Java? iframes? "Java script?!"), but they have their rivet-adorned hearts in the right place.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's your beef with javascript my hater??

7:56 AM  
Blogger The Hater said...

I have no beef with "javascript" but with "Java script" with that goddamn space in the middle, to (well, further) imply a script written in Java. I haven't seen someone call it that in fucking ages.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the footer is broken in firefox 2.0 :-)

6:41 PM  
Blogger The Hater said...

@Anonymous: I just checked with Firefox 2.0.0.6 and it works fine. Granted, the page takes a while to load, since they went all 1996 with the motherfucking snowflakes.

I think I may have to rescind my endorsement. Okay, so ten out of ten for good thinking, but minus several million for style...to riff on an old wise man's saying.

11:19 AM  
Blogger DJ Phéna Proxima said...

I have wasted too many hours of my young life rewriting code for IE6. When that piece of maggot-eaten shit browser has me on the verge of throwing my computer out the window and crushing it under a steamroller, the bile on this blog is just about the only thing that keeps me sane. Thanks for that, keep on hatin'.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home